I have such trouble finding the right foundation. Not necessarily the right shade (thankfully), but the right formula that won’t sink into my large pores. I’ve tried everything. However, I think I found it.
I recently received a sample of the Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation in shade 1N2 Vanille. I was trying not to have high hopes, as I didn’t want them dashed, but this foundation exceeded my expectations.
Now, what works for one person doesn’t work for everyone, but I tried mixing and matching this foundation with different primers and finishing powders, but here is the product sequence that gave me 10-hour wear:
- Primer: Laura Geller Spackle Hydrating Under-makeup Primer (didn’t work as well with original Spackle…not sure why)
- The new Laura Mercier foundation (ugh…so many Lauras…I either want to start singing some Christopher Cross, rewatch old “General Hospital” episodes, or both).
- Setting Powder (right after foundation application and before contour, highlight, blush, bronzer): MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
- Finishing Powder (after contour, highlight, blush, bronzer): Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Microfinishing Loose Powder
- Setting Spray: Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Setting Spray
This foundation has medium coverage, but you can build to full, which is my preference. It’s also very creamy, and despite being billed as matte, I didn’t find it too matte. I used my Shiseido Foundation Brush for application.
I still want to try some more primer and finishing powder combinations, but am super happy with everything so far, and I couldn’t wait to share with everyone. Finding the right foundation is HARD. It really takes a lot of time and effort. I’ve probably been on the hunt for about 18 months, if not longer. If I find any product combination I like better, I’ll update this post, but I highly recommend heading to Sephora to try out this foundation. Let me know how it goes!